XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troubleshooting... maybe error info would help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDunn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Troubleshooting... maybe error info would help Reply with quote

Hi...

Using XaMp Studio...
What is "Stream error: 40"??

Is that just that it "couldn't connect"?

Everything works fine for me... I'm helping someone else (I do pc tech for a living).

Problem is...

User has DSL, and Linksys wireless, and three computers (plus I've tested with -my- notebook, which works fine on both wireless or 'hardwired' to the Linksys)... so we know it's not the DSL or the Linksys, however...

One of user's notebooks (Old HP, WinXP) works fine, another of his notebooks (Toshiba, XP) and his desktop (eMachine, XP) both exhibit failure to connect... even with XM's web-based player, they can login and start a channel, and the player gets the currently playing song title, album, etc... but it just fails to complete the connection and start buffering the song. It goes from 'connecting to media' to 'locating media' to blank and fails to stream the music.

And with XaMp studio... it tries to connect and gives "Stream error 40"... so what is that telling us? Why can't we get this last buffering/stream to actually play?

Any ideas? By the way... XaMp RULES!!! Very Happy Exclamation Shocked
-RDunn
m0mo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

error 40 is a timeout error. basically the stream timed out.

you may want to try reinstalling windows media player

or go to the network settings in options menu for wmp and uncheck rtsp/udp and rtsp/tcp

see if it can stream via http.

RDunn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... we'll give those a shot.

XaMp and Audio Visions (77)... a place filled with... peeeace. Wink

Y'll notice how XaMp doesn't time out like XMRO player does? Xcellent!
RDunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: 'Fix' worked... plus other XaMp studio comments Reply with quote

Hi...

Switching to http worked, thanks. Found some instructions to force WinMediaPlayer to rebuild its networking... for version 10, close MediaPlayer, and rename the folder "10.0": \Documents and Settings\UserProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\10.0
...going to see if that helps RTSP for XM.

Also... I'll note that when the studio window is open on the desktop, and I'm working some other program window over it... when the regular song change notifier pops up, (sometimes) it pops the whole studio program window group on top of my working window (and won't go away until the pop up does - then I can click back on my working window to bring it back to top.

And, I like to put XaMp studio in my Startup group... and this works well to bring on XM whenever I start Windows... unless ...I have XaMp studio start "minimized" (using Startup group's XaMp icon's properties, to Run: Minimized)... but then I have to open XaMp studio from the task tray to get it to logon and start playing... Would like to be able to start/run minimized and have it just auto-logon/play.

Would be nice if a person could recall the last song artist/title playing on current channel... because XM updates with the -next- artist/title before current one finishes and... then you can't get the info on the item that's ending.

Would be nice if XaMp studio had a 'double-size' feature like WinAmp Wink Make it easier to read on highres desktops.

And I saw some info elsewhere, but can't find it now... (would some Paypal donates get some new development activity with XaMp D & S ? Wink ) ...you should put a link on your XaMp sites, -and- a topic in forum about how to make Paypal donates. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: