XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stream Error: -1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadwell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Stream Error: -1 Reply with quote

I can't seem to get any music out of Xamp Studio. I login and see all fo the songs, but when I click on one I want to listen to, it cycles through 3 streams then returns an error:

Stream Error: -1.

We are not behind a proxy here.

Any ideas?
cb_bones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here. All presets show up so I'm sure I'm logged in but I can't play anything from presets or channels. Same thing every time. It tries three streams and then dies with "STREAM ERROR: -1"

I wonder if it has anything to do with recent changes on the XM site? Maybe the URLs in Studio are wrong?

Charlie
m0mo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cb_bones wrote:
Same thing here. All presets show up so I'm sure I'm logged in but I can't play anything from presets or channels. Same thing every time. It tries three streams and then dies with "STREAM ERROR: -1"

I wonder if it has anything to do with recent changes on the XM site? Maybe the URLs in Studio are wrong?

Charlie

no urls are stored in studio for the stream. only base urls are stored and those have not changed yet.

can you listen to xmro from the website?http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp

cb_bones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can listen just fine from my browser or from WMP. I also notice that it seems to work better in the morning than in the afternoon (PST). I'll get the -1 error and can fire WMP up and it works great. Never had a failure with WMP.

Charlie
jscellemu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

I am also having the same problem, except I cannot get xm to work in any program. In XM online it tries to connect 3 times then sits at ready, in XAMP Desktop it tries then goes to playlist changed, in XAMP Studio it tries three streams then goes to stream error:-1 All these methods work from other computers on a seperate network. I have tried reinstalling WMP and turning off RTSP, UDP, TCP. I see many connections from akamaistream.net with a packet sniffer which look like the streams so as far as I can tell its not being blocked by a firewall. Any ideas?

Edit: I forgot to mention it was working on this computer on this network a few weeks ago, slowly lost channels till nothing worked.
RDunn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this helps, but found instructions to force WMP 10 to rebuild networking... (may work on other versions, if you change the number Wink

To configure protocol settings

1.In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.
2.In the Options dialog box, on the Network tab, in the Streaming protocols area, select all the protocol check boxes (Multicast, UDP, TCP, and HTTP), so that a check mark is displayed in each...
Otherwise uncheck all but HTTP... to test HTTP streaming alone.

If the above fixes don't work, you can rename the networking information folder for the Player so that it can rebuild its networking information files after you restart it.

To rename the Player networking information folder

1.Close Windows Media Player.

2.Click Start, and then click Run.

3.In the Run dialog box, type the following (exactly as shown):

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

This step opens the following folder on your computer:

SystemDrive:\Documents and Settings\UserProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

4.In this folder, rename the folder 10.0 to 10.0.bak.

5.Start the Player and try to stream the content again.
sondeen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: 10.0.bak folder trick worked for me Reply with quote

RDunn wrote:
Don't know if this helps, but found instructions to force WMP 10 to rebuild networking... (may work on other versions, if you change the number Wink

To configure protocol settings

1.In Windows Media Player, on the Tools menu, click Options.

Hi, this worked for me very well. i had been getting many "glitches" of silence during the Xm stream, but renaming the 10.0 folder to 10.0.bak and restarting windows media player created the new 10.0 folder and the stream is much better now.

thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: