XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XAMP broken - any chance for a fix?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
refmon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: XAMP broken - any chance for a fix? Reply with quote

Its obvious the forums are not used anymore and is a feeding ground for spammers. However I am sure some people like me will be looking for info on a possible 'fix' for xamp.

All 3rd party XM aps stopped working yesterday when Sirius changed the links.

There is a discussion with more details here: http://www.xm411.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=34142
Kim620

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting....I checked here last night and once I saw all the spam I figured it was either a dead board or seriously hacked. Going to check out the link you posted. I hope they can fix Xamp....I really hate the XM version of the online player.
refmon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this to put it above the spammers.
Kim620

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any mods at this board anymore? Any news of a fix for Xamp? I miss it...XMRO player sucks!
refmon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another 'bump' to put this above the spammers. No word on any XAMP fix. I'm guessing it won't happen which means at this point Xamp is pretty much useless since it can't get on to the service anymore. Sad
david

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. Is there another player you know of that works well?
roger1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

refmon wrote:
Just another 'bump' to put this above the spammers. No word on any XAMP fix. I'm guessing it won't happen which means at this point Xamp is pretty much useless since it can't get on to the service anymore. Sad

I sure wish momo would release the source code so someone else could pick up where he left off.
I would like to see the program be ported to Linux also. I never could get it to work with wine.
XAMP was the only reason I kept Windows on one of my computers. That forces me to run Linux in a virtual machine for internet use. I refuse to use Windows for browsing or email clients.
I wish momo would speak up and let us know whether he will ever work on XAMP again. It would help to know now whether it is dead forever or not.
refmon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all I know - I did PM Nao-S7 but no reply yet. Not too optomistic either. The original post is in this thread: http://xamp.imomo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=647

Nao-S7 wrote:
Just to let everyone know, m0mo and I have since gone our separate ways (for about 2 years now) and since then I've been out of the XMRO loop.

However, it was brought to my attention from a number of still-dedicated supporters of the XaMp project that the XMRO stream stopped working as of the end of last month.

I called up m0mo (haven't talked to him a long while!) and he has been really busy with school so he hasn't been able to work on the project. However, he agreed to graciously squeeze in some time to get a special fix out there to you so that you can continue to enjoy XMRO via the XaMp STUDIO EDITION player.

We've both tested it out and appears that the streams are working again.

In order to get this to work, please download the latest special version of XaMpS from the Download page (version 0.5.0 beta).

Because m0mo and I don't actively monitor the forum, please PM if you have any dire problems like the service no longer working.

We'll continue to keep the site up (but with limited support) so long as the program still works and XMRO users can continue to enjoy using the XaMp STUDIO EDITION.

Thanks from the both of us for the continued support!

nao
roger1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clarifying for anyone that may be reading this thread quickly, that quote was from last year when there was a problem reaching XMRO. Thankfully, it was fixed quickly with that issue.
We may not be so lucky this time.
Kim620

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....SIGH.....that means I am stuck with the crappy XM player Sad
Simms14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Fix for XaMp Reply with quote

I don't think we are going to see a fix. m0mo might not even be an XM Subscriber anymore. I did a little research on this domian and may have found a valid email for him. I gave it a try and I thanked him for putting the software out as it was very useful for me for many years. I told him that if he ever does come out with a new verision I would be interested in even being a paying customer. XaMP is that good that would be worth it to me to pay a small amount if the price is reasonable.

Simms
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
refmon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fix for XaMp Reply with quote

Simms14 wrote:
I don't think we are going to see a fix. m0mo might not even be an XM Subscriber anymore. I did a little research on this domian and may have found a valid email for him. I gave it a try and I thanked him for putting the software out as it was very useful for me for many years. I told him that if he ever does come out with a new verision I would be interested in even being a paying customer. XaMP is that good that would be worth it to me to pay a small amount if the price is reasonable.

Simms

I was using xamp to record XM, I had batch files written to start it and stop it as the other applications I have used to stream Xm don't play nice with my recording software (total recorder).

If you are only looking for a way to stream XM to listen on your PC there are other options - here are a couple.

Yahoo XM Widget - go here NOT the yahoo widget page as that version is very out of date. Current version that works with the new urls is 2.6

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/XmWidget/

XM Gadget - versions to work with XP, Vista and Win7 - I haven't used this app myself.

http://www.buildagadget.com/Blog/archives/category/gadgets/xm-gadget

Since this doesn't seem to be coming back I am going to try Replay AV. Not a free program but I guess it works well to record XM and they have apparently also updated the software to account for the new links.

Replay AV can record XM streams: http://applian.com/replay-av/index.php

Still hoping XAMP gets updated because I liked the set up I had just created to record things - however I wont be betting on it!!
roger1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
Kim620

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well all the stupid spam posts are gone so someone has been here lately.....still awaiting word on a fix........
Simms14

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Another solution Reply with quote

Still wish we could get XaMp back but here is another alternative.

http://www.sb-software.com/xmplayer/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: