XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a couple small beta 0.4 issues...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> studio edition bug reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byrd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: a couple small beta 0.4 issues... Reply with quote

I just installed the 0.4 beta this morning, and for the most part, I gotta say... it's excellant!! Very Happy Thanks for all the continued hard work momo!

There were a couple small items that I notice however:

1) The program seems to randomly choose whether or not it's set to be "always on top". At times, the only way to bring other windows to the front of XaMp Studio is to actually minimize XaMp. If I close and restart XaMp and restarted, this was no longer the case. I didn't see anything in the settings related to "always on top", so I don't know why this happens.

2) I noticed once, that in the middle of buffering a channel, the bufferring status stopped updating. The music did begin to play, but the status was stuck at 54%. Also, when the music started to play, along with the frozen buffer status, the stream rate and sample rate (are those the proper titles?) just had a white blocks in front of the "kbps" and "khz". No numbers were displayed.

3) After #2 occured, I tried to close the program and restart. When I clicked the X on the main window to close the program, I got a pop up error that read "Access violation at address 0041D8B5 in module 'XaMpS.exe'. Read of address 0000007." When I clicked okay on that error, I got a second similar error that read "Access violation at address 0041D8B5 in module 'XaMpS.exe'. Read of address 000000B." When I clicked okay on that the program closed. So far, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

That's it for now. Everything seems to be coming together quite nicely!

Thanks again.
groverrover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: a couple small beta 0.4 issues... Reply with quote

Quote:
1) The program seems to randomly choose whether or not it's set to be "always on top". At times, the only way to bring other windows to the front of XaMp Studio is to actually minimize XaMp. If I close and restart XaMp and restarted, this was no longer the case. I didn't see anything in the settings related to "always on top", so I don't know why this happens.

I have noticed this also, but it always happened to me so I though it was a fix and not a bug. I actually really like this "feature" because I would just close the album info the EQ and the now playing window move the player to the bottom corner, out of the way but I could still see what song was being played. Also you can still right click on the player and save artis and song to tune notify
PDuffman004

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: a couple small beta 0.4 issues... Reply with quote

byrd wrote:
2) I noticed once, that in the middle of buffering a channel, the bufferring status stopped updating. The music did begin to play, but the status was stuck at 54%. Also, when the music started to play, along with the frozen buffer status, the stream rate and sample rate (are those the proper titles?) just had a white blocks in front of the "kbps" and "khz". No numbers were displayed.

In addition to those problems, the sound level bars kinda go in "slow motion." I don't know what the proper term for the sound level bars are, but yeah, they become sluggish and not really responsive. Same goes for the song notifications when this problem occurs.
n8wb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten the violation error several times tonight. I have been unable to use the program because it has not run without locking up.

edit - the standard desktop version isn't working any better than the studio version. Perhaps the problem is on xm's end?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

the always on top option is in the general section of the preferences. is it checked?

m0mo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will look into the access violation and the white box along with the sluggishness.

thanks!

n8wb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an invalid pointer error. I tried to change channels and the program locked up for a few minutes. After, the pointer error came up and the program closed.

The problems are not just with the beta version. It's happening with XaMp desktop as well (at least for me). Perhaps it is something common between the two in the way the streams are handled?

Edit - I did an uninstall, then reinstalled the program. Same issues. It is almost unusable for me at this point because of the huge time lag for buffering whenever I load the program or change channels. But once again, this is happening in both the beta and the public release versions.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could come up with a way to report bugs from within the program itself? For instance, send you an error report when we relaunch after a failure?

Edit 2 - I did another uninstall, went in and removed the folder. After this I did a reboot and a re-install. Everything seems to be working again. Strange...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> studio edition bug reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: