XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

install problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> studio edition bug reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottm87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: install problem Reply with quote

Got a dialog box, Applet not registered, when attempting to start. Then get dialog box saying:
Access violation of address 00520193 in module XaMpS.exe. Read of address 00000000

Downloaded a second time and got the same response.
djdanska

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.

I found a way to install it. Right click on the shortcut to it after you install it, and go to properties.
Go to compatiblity and run as windows 98.
It works fine!
m0mo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like a macromedia flash problem. what version do you have installed? i have tested it with both flash 7 and 8.
scottm87

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changed the compatibility settings to Win98 and it loaded, but I can't get album info now. I got another dialog saying "Catastrophic Failure" and now it keeps popping up and interrupting my typing! BTW, I am running Macromedia Flashplayer 8 on my WinXP
kudron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get my version going by setting compatilibity mode to Windows2000, however I am getting some quirky behavior. When I open the program, the main window is the only window that opens. I have to right click on the icon in the system tray and manually open the equalizer, channel listing and album info windows. When I minimize the program, it minimizes properly, but when I try to maximize it, only the main window re-opens. But I now just opened the preferences window, all of the windows maximized. Strange.

I do like the program though. When the bugs are worked out it will be one kick-ass program for us XM'ers...
Nao-S7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kudron wrote:
I was able to get my version going by setting compatilibity mode to Windows2000, however I am getting some quirky behavior. When I open the program, the main window is the only window that opens. I have to right click on the icon in the system tray and manually open the equalizer, channel listing and album info windows. When I minimize the program, it minimizes properly, but when I try to maximize it, only the main window re-opens. But I now just opened the preferences window, all of the windows maximized. Strange.

I do like the program though. When the bugs are worked out it will be one kick-ass program for us XM'ers...

Yes, the EQ, CL and Album Info are initially set to off on startup in this beta. Once prefs saving is done, things like this and also last window state should be retained. m0mo and i talked about this prior to the release and im almost positive this will be added in for the final.

Regarding the maximizing and FLASH problems, m0mo is investigating as to why these are occurring. Hopefully we can resolve this issue in the near future.

nao
m0mo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the people having the applet not registered error or catastrphic error..

could you please try installing this version of flash and unchecking the compatibility settings?

http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_msi

lemme know if that works.. also what browser is your default browser?

thanks
djdanska

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0mo wrote:

could you please try installing this version of flash and unchecking the compatibility settings?

thanks
It diddn't work. I have firefox as the default browser.
kudron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nao-S7 wrote:
kudron wrote:

Yes, the EQ, CL and Album Info are initially set to off on startup in this beta. Once prefs saving is done, things like this and also last window state should be retained. m0mo and i talked about this prior to the release and im almost positive this will be added in for the final.

Regarding the maximizing and FLASH problems, m0mo is investigating as to why these are occurring. Hopefully we can resolve this issue in the near future.

nao

Just opened the program several times....each time EQ, CL and Album info do not open and the window state is not retained.
Nao-S7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kudron wrote:

Just opened the program several times....each time EQ, CL and Album info do not open and the window state is not retained.

m0mo is working on the window state retention issue, or what you described as "I have to right click on the icon in the system tray and manually open the equalizer, channel listing and album info windows."
This will be among the fixed items in the next beta update package.

nao
scottm87

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox is my default browser also -- also getting the install problems. Could be the common link?
Amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also my default, and it installed fine for me.
djdanska

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Microsoft Defender issues with Studio edition.... Reply with quote

I think i figured it out. Im pretty sure Microsoft Defender was causing it! I uninstalled it (more issues that it's worth) and reinstalled xamp studio and it works fine now....
Sweet.. One problem solved..
scottm87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0mo wrote:

thanks

Tried both and still have the same problem. Have Flash 8 and unchecked the compatibility. Still no-go for launch.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> studio edition bug reports All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: