XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index XaMp.imomo.net
support forums for XaMp studio edition and XaMp desktop

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

login problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jriggs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: login problems Reply with quote

i have just installed the program, and am a new xm subscriber. for newer accounts xm users have a login name and password, not email address and password. I've tried entering both and neither works. any suggestions?
hyde76

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XM online was down this AM. It's back up now.
MikeWire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyde76 wrote:
XM online was down this AM. It's back up now.

I seem to get this pretty often. Is XMRO down and up a lot during the day?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: XaMp Studio isnt logging in for me Reply with quote

My copy isnt working correctly either. Somehow I have this strange feeling that maybe XM changed their protocol seeing how the site was down until 6 am local time (Arizona) and after it came back I was able to log in and listen via the website player... just not the client. So yeah, in all reality, I wouldn't be surprised if they converted the site to whatever Sirius uses since the buyout. In a way its nice to see that I'm not the only who is having issues with this...

Matt
pmj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been able to use XaMp all day. I was finally able to log in and the presets will show up in a generic form but won't connect to any channel. I'd double click or right click and then hit 'Play' and it wouldn't do anything. I had to use the player on the XM radio web site. I sure got spoiled using the XaMp version b/c the XM player sucks. XaMp is 100x's better.

Is there going to be a fix so that we can use the Studio version again?
meskes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmj wrote:
I have not been able to use XaMp all day. I was finally able to log in and the presets will show up in a generic form but won't connect to any channel. I'd double click or right click and then hit 'Play' and it wouldn't do anything. I had to use the player on the XM radio web site. I sure got spoiled using the XaMp version b/c the XM player sucks. XaMp is 100x's better.

Is there going to be a fix so that we can use the Studio version again?

You know, I'm sure he's got to figure out what they changed first. He's a programmer, not a mind reader. My bet is its going to take a couple, three weeks to get shit figured out.
r0b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm experiencing the same thing - xamp studio is not working. Login works, but you can't
bring up any channels.

The player on XM's site has some new stuff to it - new channels that are 'premium' show up
but are greyed out if you're not subscribed to them.

My guess is that the structure of data that comes from XMRO servers has changed, and the
xamp player doesn't know how to deal with it.

I don't think this'll get fixed, either, unless the guy who wrote it (Momo) wants to start updating
the program again - I dont think i've seen a post from him since like 2007.

We might be seeing the end of this program, if nothing is done to fix it.
RDunn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momo hasn't posted since Dec. 6, 2007.
One wonders why the website is still up.
Good program though... until it stopped streaming.
RDunn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: PM'd and emailed, but... Reply with quote

There isn't much info on imomo.net... seems it was registered with GoDaddy, but if you go to register.com and search... you'll find the most info. I've emailed to the email address listed there, but... who knows.
Maybe he'll take an interest in this program again... maybe not.
Nao-S7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: update on this Reply with quote

RDunn, thanks for the PM.

Just to keep everyone in the loop, m0mo and i have gone our separate ways for about 2 years now, and we've stopped any active coding / maintaining of the XaMp project.

However, as RDunn brought it to my attention, I decided to reach out to m0mo to see if he could graciously squeeze in some time in his busy schedule to develop a fix for this stream issue.

Apparantly, XM has been making drastic changes to the way the streams work, and that has negatively impacted XaMp's ability to play them.

He isn't sure if this is the last of the changes in store from XM's side, but because neither of us have XM subscriptions anymore, we had to test this emergency fix using trial accounts.

For those with permanent RO accounts, please try this latest fix (available on the download page (version 0.5.0 beta)) and send us your feedback.

You can post here, but I doubt we'll have time to check it, so if you PM at least me, I get an e-mail on my iPhone. However, like I said, we're not actively working on this, just leaving the application out there for others to enjoy (as long as it still works).

Now if XM decides to pull the plug on our ability to connect to their streams, then we'll fold up shop then too.

Until then, happy XaMp-ing...

nao
RDunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: 0.5.0 reconnected! Thanks Reply with quote

I've installed XaMpStudio 0.5.0 over top of my existing 0.4.6, and it immediately worked just fine. Thanks!
I just have the $8 online account... (since we can't get XM or Sirius where I live). I listen mostly to channel 77, 'Audio Visions'... (it is a good way to find artists to look up in iTunes Smile
Even though some minor track/artist features aren't developed, the rest of the program is still quite handy, simple to use, and looks great!
It's working on both 32bit and 64bit Vista, too.
I hope m0mo can find time someday to keep the program going (or maybe give it over to open source?)
Thanks again.
r0b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, new build works for me too... Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XaMp.imomo.net Forum Index -> XaMp studio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: